SacramentoThe Next Urban Future
October 3, 2019
3:00pm-5:30pm followed by a Networking Reception from 5:30-7pm
This event is sold out. Register to join the waitlist.
On October 3, 2019, Meeting of the Minds will convene 120 global thought leaders in Sacramento, CA to share best practices, lessons learned, and key insights that are accelerating new mobility, energy and bandwidth solutions in cities.
Join us on October 3rd for a vigorous conversation on the future of cities. The program will focus on how best to deliver clean energy, better mobility, and greater equity in the Greater Sacramento region and similar cities. These key themes emerged during the 2018 Meeting of the Minds Annual Summit when 425 delegates convened in Sacramento and debated a wide range of innovative solutions to address the most pressing urban challenges. Some cities and regions are moving forward more quickly than others in their implementation of innovative solutions. The Greater Sacramento region is poised to take a leading role among cities because of the city’s focus on emerging technologies such as 5G, new mobility infrastructure and services, the successful scaling-up of clean energy, and a renewed focus on inclusion in underserved neighborhoods. These developments are now intersecting in ways for the Greater Sacramento region to realize positive outcomes for its residents. On October 3rd, we will convene top decision-makers, thought-leaders and innovators, including some focused on innovation projects far beyond Northern California. Participants will share in small groups their insights and what’s working when tasked with a more inclusive, sustainable and smarter region. Leaders will debate some of the most promising approaches, policies, strategies and investments — all while emphasizing the near-term and long-term future.
- Public Sector 15% 15%
- Private Sector/Entrepreneur 49% 49%
- NGO and Philanthropy 23% 23%
- Academia 10% 10%
- Media 3% 3%
SVP level and higher
- Jessie Feller Hahn, Executive Director, Meeting of the Minds
Enabling New Energy, Mobility and Equity Solutions
- Moderator: Gordon Feller, Co-Founder, Meeting of the Minds
- Elaine Barden, VP Business Development & Strategic Initiatives, California, Comcast
- Arlen Orchard, CEO, SMUD
- Darrell Steinberg, Mayor, City of Sacramento
The New Mobility Options Bonanza — What’s Next for Sacramento and Similar Cities?
- Moderator: Shaun Fernando, Director, Future Cities at Guidehouse
- Lilly Shoup, Senior Director of Policy and Partnerships, Lyft
- William Chernicoff, Senior Manager, Global Research & Innovation, Toyota Mobility Foundation
- Rachel Zack, Policy Strategist, Remix
Policy Levers for Smarter Mobility, Clean Energy, and Equity for More Connected City-Regions
- Moderator: Bob Bennett, Founder and Principal, B Squared Civic Solutions
- Amy St. Peter, Deputy Executive Director, Maricopa Association of Governments
- Brian Holland, Program Director, California, Shared-Use Mobility Center
Jobs of the Future — Broadband, Mobility, Energy and Smart Cities
- Robert H. Brown, Associate Vice President, Cognizant Center for the Future of Work
Breakouts with the Day’s Speakers
Join the speakers from the plenary sessions at their tables to continue the conversation, ask questions and dig a bit deeper into the content and next steps.
Wrap-up and Next Steps
Jessie Feller Hahn, Executive Director, Meeting of the Minds
Sponsored by Comcast
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L St.