Cleveland Conversations: Mobility, Data & Equity
May 23, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm EDT$50
This event is limited to 70 participants. Early registration is encouraged.
Meeting of the Minds is partnering with DigitalC and Cuyahoga County to convene thought leaders in Cleveland for two networking and thought leadership events in May and September. The events will feature a panel discussion with local and national industry and public sector leaders, followed by an interactive Q&A session with the audience. These conversations are designed to provoke a dynamic discussion about the future of the greater Cleveland-Akron-Columbus region and to pinpoint key strategies that will help catalyze the area’s innovation, mobility, and sustainability agendas.
Registration is now open for the May 23rd event and registration for the September 26th event is anticipated to open in May/June. Both events are limited to 70 participants, and early registration is encouraged.
The event will tackle the following policy and technology gaps and opportunities in the region:
- Mobility: autonomous, shared, and electric mobility; integrating different forms of mobility access in the region.
- Civic data applications: use of data to improve transparency, collaboration, and governance (including crowd-sourced data and citizen engagement).
- Economic and social inclusion: equitable access to opportunities for marginalized populations (eg. low income communities, people of color, refugees, and the formerly incarcerated); changing jobs and skills training (particularly training for emerging roles in response to artificial intelligence and increasingly autonomous work environments).
- Welcome: Armond Budish, County Executive, Cuyahoga County
- Framing: Brad Whitehead, President, Fund for Our Economic Future
- Moderator: Gordon Feller, Co-founder, Meeting of the Minds
- Joseph Calabrese, CEO, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- Rahul Kumar, National Director of Emerging Mobility, TransLoc, Ford Smart Mobility
- Eleanor Joseph, Director of Business Development, Via
Parking and Transportation
- Take Cleveland’s Bus Rapid Transit (HealthLine bus) from Public Square downtown directly to Midtown Tech Hive.
- Free parking is available at the Jumpstart parking lot on E. 69th and Euclid. There is also limited parking available at the MidTown Tech Hive on a first-come, first-served basis. We ask that you only park here if you have mobility challenges.
- We recommend taking RTA’s Redline from the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport to downtown Cleveland if you are coming in from out of town and staying downtown; this is a simple, 30-minute rail ride.
If you are planning to take Lyft to or from the event, you can use the code LYFT2MOTM to receive up to 25% off two rides. This code is only valid on May 23rd and pickup and drop off must be within 1 mile of the event.
Please enter it into the promo section of your Lyft app to confirm the discount.
- 90% SVP Level or Higher
- 60% local
- 40% extra-local